Saturday, January 2, 2010

A9lan Ana Majnouunak (33)

A7ibkoum kelekom. Thank you so much for your support! I love you and always will xx Here's an extra long post:


Previously:

We headed back up to our rooms and packed our bags. I left out the essential stuff I'm going to be needing for tomorrow.


I wore my comfy Hello Kitty PJ's and slipped under the covers.


I brushed my hair and thought for a while about Na9er.


Shasawee feeh hal walaad? Mahma yegouloun, mahma, 9aar mahma taam... Enta el bedayat, wakher sa7el ou meena!


****************


I felt vibration under my pillow. Grunting, I stuffed my face into the pillow, and slipped my hands under to check my phone.


Na9er calling.


I threw my phone back under my pillow and closed my eyes tightly.


*************

"Jaay! Yala wake up! It's our last day here..!" said Jude softly.


"Yala ya 7elwe! 9abaa7 el kheer!" said Dee in a Lebanese accent.


"Mmm.. okaay.. Fee zuwarraa?" I grunted.


"Not that I know of, yala 6ala3tlech your heels and dress.. entay bas goumay ghaslaayy ou nsa3dech!" said Dee.


"Enshaalah, enshalaah.." I said softly. I threw the covers off of myself and dragged myself to the bathroom.


I brushed my teeth ou ghassalt wayhee.. I took a quick shower and slipped into my dress.


*************

"Elsalaam 3alaiikum!" I said as I entered el Duwaneyya.


Everyone greeted us back.


Shockingly, Mi7sen was there.. Perfectly 3ala hay2etah ga3d yam 3amii 3abdulah, yesoulef weyah ou yeshrab chayy..


I threw a quick glance at Jude. She was already staring at him.


Ga3adna kelena, ou soulafna, had a great time.. 6ab3an Jude Ou Mi7sen couldn't stop stealing glances at each other..! It was adorable really..


Na9er mar 3ala balyy.. it hurt, it really did.. Chithe ya Na9er 6ela3t? Walla ine-


3ami 3abdulla interrupted my thoughts, "Yala tefa'6elaw 3al ghadda ya jema33a.. Emshaw khansali el 3a9er bel awwal.." He said to the guys.


I headed upstairs to freshen up.


14 miss calls.
3 messages.
5 BBMs.


Most of the miss calls were from Na9er, a couple from my other friends..


I opened one of the messages.


"Pick up!"


"Joory.. yam3awda wala 7agech 3alaii
3ala kel ely sawaiitah.. ana asef 3ala
ely 9ar.. manii 3aref shagoulech ana!
I'm willing to do anything you want
me to do ine aratheech..
Please rideely khabbar.
Sincerely, the love of your life."


Both were from Na9er.. as I read the messages, I heard his voice saying the words he wrote..


Did he really mean it, though?


I opened the third message..


Urgh, da3aya!


Gelt 7ag Jude ou Dalia 3an el messajaat.. Galouli a7geraa.. Ou ena ely sawaah mou shuwaiya!


I was hesitant.. I'm not willing to give all of this up and throw it in the trash..


****************

We had lunch, and 7amoud came with his dad.. It was good seeing him.. He seemed fine, ou ertaa7 galbi ib shouftaah..


After lunch, however, Jude was washing up .. I walked towards her to wash my hands..


She looked at me and smiled, "It's going to be alright honey.."


I shook my head and looked at myself in the mirror.


"I don't know.. I'm not willing to give up everything this fast.."


Jude was silent for a second. She picked up a towel and slowly dried her hands as she was thinking..


"What you really need is closure," she suggested.


"You think so?" I lifted an eyebrow.


Jude winked, "I know so!" She placed the towel in the hamper and handed me a towel and kissed me slightly on my cheek.


I smiled and looked back.


Surprisingly, Mi7sen was right there, leaning against the wall and smiling.


I shot a glance at Jude and gave her a mysterious smile, "So, um, I'm leaving now.." I said awkwardly and left the two love birds alone.


Dakhalt ghurfat el esteqbaal.. everyone was there.


I sat down in a sofa by myself. I took my time, ou adri inee tana7t wana ga3da afaker, bas I decided to see Na9er and tell him how I feel about everything, and simply walk away.. Yep, that's going to be my closure..

Suddenly, someone plopped down next to me.


I jerked my head to my right, it was 7amoud..


I smiled.. He smiled back, revealing his perfect white pearl teeth..


I looked away and drifted away ma3a elsouwalif..



********************
3:45pm
Starbucks, man6u8a el 7urra.
Many months later..



I sat down and took a big sniff into my skimmed vanilla latte.. It smelt amazing!


Jude was sitting right next to me..


"So, Mi7sen galy elyouum raye7 elshalaaih.. Wayy Joory! Remember? Wala chena ams youm kena in6el 3ala ta7at we spy on him.. Wala elayyam tarketh!"


I smiled and nodded. It's been months, since I ever talked to Na9er.


It killed. Many sleepless nights, sobbing, and crying myself to sleep.


Yeah, it was hard on me.. But I eventually got over it.


I took a deep breath, and sipped my perfect scented latte.


******************
8:01pm
Bedroom.


It's been a long time since I've talked to 7amoud, I miss him.. really bad.


Wayd teghayar 3alaii.. magam yedig.. magam yes2aal..


I was positive he fell in love with a girl, because I constantly find another line he was talking to, it was ridiculous.


So I decided to back off..


I shuddered off my thoughts and opened my laptop, and TV to watch Friends.


I paused the video, and decided to make popcorn and get me a diet coke.


Rushing down the stairs, I opened the fridge door and got out a diet coke. I popped in the microwavable popcorn in the microwave, and went to my mother's room.


Ge3adt weyaha shuwaiiya, she said ena kan waraii 3ers in a few days..


I smiled, I love going to weddings.. Such a happy enviroment.. What's not to love? Music? Check. Dancing? Check. Yummy food? Check. Happiness? Most definitely check!



I jogged back to the kitchen and got out a bowl.. Fathait el popcorn dakhel el bowl.


I had a quick flashback..

~~

"Shhhhh!" giggled Dalia. "Betga3doun Khalti ou 3amii men elnouum!"


The microwave kept on beeping and making the silly sounds it usually makes.


This made us giggle even harder.


Jude came in. She gasped, "Ya7mara! Jooreyoo! Lail7een mabadaltay?! Tarra Na9er gall two minutes wuhwa barra!"


"Shit!" My eyes widened. "Esa3a cham al7een?!"


"3 a.m.. Yallaaa Joory!" Whined Jude.


"Okay.. Okay.." I said and looked at Dalia.


6ab3an Dalia 8amta eltha7ka, ou wayeha kan film! She bursted into laughter and started to throw popcorn seeds on me.


"A77 YA7MARA! Tara 7aaaaaar!" I screamed and lunged towards her to attack her.


Dalia laughed even harder.


"Ya chlabaaaaa! Ebyeg3edoooooon!" Jude kept on te7el6iming..


~~


Ayaam kam 3eshnaha.. Ya ma7lahaaa!


****

- Ely Lega A7baba, Rashed El Majed.

20 comments:

  1. awwww.....
    nasser a7san i never liked him!
    what happened with bader?:S
    7amood why i was starting to like him:(
    loving this story!:D
    next post please!:D loved the post!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED THE POST!!
    plz post soon w la t6awleen this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post thayag 5lgy..
    It mad me feel like it's the end :(!
    madry if it was the end of the story or the end of hal mar7ala eb 7ayatech ;S
    Bas From what you write embayen ena your cuzinz eyanenun ;* alah e5alehum lich ya rab .. faa laish el closure ?
    You still have many years to live inshalah ;*
    So Enjoy them .. =)
    -H

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay ana min awal i didnt like nasser , so im not really sad about him :D its good that you ended it , 9adgeni! memories are fun to think about eh ? :) hehe , and waaay laaaaish :(?! why isnt 7amoud calling or asking anymore ;( shisalfaa?! okay sorry bs 3indi like a HUGEEE feeling that the wedding your mom was talking about , is yoursss ! hehe i know stupid , but u never know ;) u inspire us with ur writing ;D and we love it ;* next post please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Identity;; I MISS UUUUUU !Hahaha u always hated na9er;p! enshalah;*

    Shushu;; Enshalah 7abeebti;*

    H;; Walaa maga9artay;* Thanks for ur time!

    F;; No one really liked na9er hahah xp We'll wait and see about the wedding in a few days;p! Enshalah;*

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA i miss you too!:D
    and yes i never did like him!;s

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad ur back :D:D:D

    FINALLY nasser is out of the picture he was no good from the beginning...7amooooooood why why??? :( i never expected him to break her heart and drift away...

    mi7sen and joud are so cute yalla 3oqbal joury itkoon happy :D:D:D

    mwaaa7

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alvaro, a7bich.
    I really do. Thanks for the not so long post!

    Nassir: Ru7a Balla Rada! "Il bab ily eye mena ree7, seka o estree7".

    Please post soon;*
    Zarh xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. yaaaaaay you posted!!

    i had to read some previous posts to rememebr

    we misssss you!!!!

    post soon 7yate

    a7san you left nasser
    he isn't right enough

    we love you<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read all you 33 posts in one day ! and i must say Its one of the best blogs i ever read.

    Anyways waiting for ur next post

    Queen H

    ReplyDelete
  11. ive been out of the blog world for a while bs latshofen wyhee shloun when I saw you posted, I actually went back o read your story mn il awal thats how much I love it!

    your writing style o how you describe and explain things its different mn other bloggers a7is its so real I can imagine myself there... I just love it!

    as for na9er I always thought he was an ass im glad he is out of her life, bs I liked 7mood laish he has another girl :(

    check out my blog I just started it

    www.life-noush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nawarii;; Eee they are, aren't they? Mwah:*

    Zarh;; Wala amoot feech;* Magasartay wala;D Enshalah soon x

    heaven;; I missed you guys too :( I love you way more:*

    Queen H;; Thank you so much for your time, walah fara7teeni ib kalaamich hatha;*

    Noush;; YOU RAISED MY SPIRITS UP. Thank you so much ib kalamich el7ilu;*

    ReplyDelete
  13. laywagif laywagif ;p ! pleasee nabi postss !! tara kilnaa mindamjeen bil qi9aaa 7aiiil !

    ReplyDelete
  14. when are you going to post?:(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pleasee mita itnaazleen el postss ? tra im really into the storyyy !! plsss nabii neww posts :'(

    ReplyDelete
  16. R we going to wait so long?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello and As-salam(u) 3aleykum,
    My name is Jon Nichols and I am working in the UAE in the field of teaching and linguistics. I am currently studying a phenomenon known as Arabish (also known as Chat Arabic). The objective of this study is to examine the discourse of Arabish as it is used in Arabic blogs.
    Should you choose to answer my questions below about you and your writing, I can assure you that your responses will be anonymous and cannot be linked back to you in anyway.
    By replying to my survey, you agree to allow me to use your data and/or quotations (anonymously) for publication.

    Thank you very much for this very important study on the changing face of English and Arabic.

    Sincerely,

    Jon Nichols
    Lecturer
    Emirates College for Advanced Education
    jnichols@ecae.ac.ae


    Arabish Questionnaire:
    1. What is your age?
    2. Are you male or female?
    3. What is your nationality?
    4. In which country do you currently live?
    5. What is your occupation? (i.e., student or worker)
    6. What is the last level of education you completed?
    7. What languages do you speak?
    8. What languages are spoken in your home?
    9. Do you consider yourself an expert user of English?
    10. Why do you write in Arabish?
    11. What are the advantages of writing in Arabish?
    12. What are the disadvantages of writing in Arabish?
    13. Can your parents understand what you write in Arabish?
    14. How did you learn to write in Arabish?
    15. Do you write in Arabish in other situations? If so, under what circumstances?
    16. Do you write in only Arabic script on your blog? If so, under what circumstances?

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahlaaaaa bedait agra ur blog o i love it bss laish ur not posting :( post sooooooon i hope

    UM FLFOLA;**

    ReplyDelete
  19. wainich?:( please kilyoum achayik if you posted! please post:( you cant leave us hanging chithe:(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your story is breathtaking! Please post soon! :'( We miss you! I've always been a silent reader, but now I made a blog! xD

    http://whereeveryouareimwithyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete