Sunday, August 9, 2009

A9lan Ana Majnouunak (9)

Two posts in one night y'all;) Because I love you, another long post. Enjoy dahlings. 


**********


"Lol, cham wa7d itkalmeen intay?"


I looked at my blackberry confused. Kint 7ady msa6la, mu mestaw3eba sh9ayer. I widened my eyes as I stared at the message from Na9er.


I quickly called him. Rad 3alaii ib kel berood, "Na3am?"


"Na9er, radaina 3ala suwalif gabel?" I said softly. Ashkara kint nayma.


"Kentay nayma?" He asked.


"Eeh, 3ady.. kamel." 


"Kamlay noumtech, ba3dain nit7acha 3an el mawthou3." He said coldly. 


Oh wow, since when did you care? What triggered the interest?


"Na9er, khalas I'm up. Te7acha, sh9ayer?!"


He chuckled and said, "Walah madri, intay gouleeli. Shloun m7md ou yousef?"


I was confused. Mkharef hatha? "Minu hathaila?"


"Latsaween rou7ech mat3arfeen! Mo 3alai hal suwalif Joory!" His voice was higher now.


"Na9er bas khalas! Tara dayman inta tesmaa3 kalam el naas! Laish chithe kela 7asbalik inee akalem alf wa7d ghairek?!" I adjusted myself and sat up. 


I felt my face getting hotter. No, don't cry Joory. Be strong! 


"Joory dayman intay itgouleen chithee. Bas hal mara te2akadt ou 3a6oouni daleel! Latkhaleeni asawii print 3ala kha6ech!"


Thats his famous line. "Latkhaleeni asawi print 3ala kha6ech."


"Minu gallek?! Shinu el daleel?!" I said angirly. Who the fuck is that person? Doesn't he/she have a life other than making rumors about people?!


I hate this. I've gone through a rough patch 2 years ago. Many rumors were going around me. I've been friends with Noor for 8 years. She's the one who changed me. She's the one who introduced me to this kind of world, the dating world. I've made many, many mistakes. 


I still hate myself for making these mistakes. Every night, before I sleep, I think about the mistakes I've made and cry. Kela akhaf ina mako amaal, ina ikhtarbat som3ete. Bas now, I'm a different person. I still hang out with Noor, but not that much. 


I totally changed now, gemt a7afeth 3ala 9alati, akhaf 3ala 3umri, ou ma akalem any random guy. 7eta my friends I changed them.


"Aloo?! Joory, ma3aii ?!" screamed Na9er.


"Sorry sorry, shgilt akher shai?" I said softly.


"Bye, bye shaklech intay malech khilgii! Faman allah." He shouted.


"No, Na9er please, don't do this to me." I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek.


"Joory, ana ma3alaii hal souwalif! Ta3abt, ta3abt men kither ma asma3 hal 7achy. Intay adra, ana mo 3ala li3b! Intay adra inee aby akh6ebich. Intay adra inee makalem banat kilesh!" 


"Na9er, walah ma akalem ghairek." I wiped my tear away. My voice began to break down.


"Allah ma3aach Joory." He closed the phone.


I stared at the phone for a long time.


No, not again. I buried my face in my pillow and sobbed. 


Why? Why does this always happen? Rumors are still around about me? What if I don't get married? What if.. 


I started crying heavily. I couldn't breathe.


I reached for my phone. I called Jude, no answer. I couldn't see the screen of the phone anymore min kither elbachy.. I quickly dialed Dalia's number.


"Aloo?" She answered. Dalia obviously wasn't asleep. She sounded energized. I heard the music blazing from the background.


I sobbed, I couldn't talk. 


"JOORY! Shfeech?! Latkhar3eeni?! Are you hurt? Are you okay?" She screamed.


"Na.. na.." I started sobbing again.


"Na9er?! Khara 3alaih awareeeeeh! Look, honey, neither of us can come to each other houses. Goumay ghaslai wayhech. 7awlay itnameen. Awal ma te6la3 elshams ta3alai baitna. Benrou7 elshalaih." She said.


"Ok." I whispered and closed the phone.


I couldn't sleep all night. It was 8am.


I took a shower and prepared my bag 7ag elshalaih. I wore my depression clothes oo sa7abt 3umri foug. I told my mom where I was going. 


"Joory? 7abeebti shfeech?" she was worried.


"Madri mama, hormones yemkin." My eyes were bloodshot. I obviously looked like hell.


She nodded. She knew that sometimes I have depression phases, and I need to be with Dalia. "Ana awa9lech, bas goulay 7ag oboch 3ala ma ana abadel." 


She walked to her room and closed the door. I walked to the 9ala and dialed my dad's number. I told him where I was going.


"Mita trideen men elshalaih?" he asked. My dad was strict, he wouldn't let me go out with anyone.


"Ma 3indi ay fikra youba, adig 3alaik belail agoolek." I said.


"Khalas inzain, deeray balech." He closed the phone.


When my mom got out of the room, she grabbed her keys, and we headed to the car. I climbed in and said, "Youma tara barou7 el shalaih, mo bas bag3ad youm."


She nodded, "Giltay 7ag oboch? Khalech ou khaltich ra7 yekounoun mawjouden?"


"Eeh giltlah.. Madri 3an khali, bas khalti Haya akeed."


She looked at me and smiled, "Okay 7abeebti."


I opened the radio.


Ya ba3adhoum kilehoum, ya seraajy bainehoum.. 3a6ni men denyaak 7ubbak! Wetrek el bagy lehoum...


A river of tears came upstream. 



--Ya ba3adhoum, 3abdelmajeed 3abdullah.

2 comments: